Missing pO2 samples from CCR download [was: 4.7.8: a couple of questions]

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Thu May 3 12:39:05 PDT 2018

On Thu, 3 May 2018 at 18:52, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:

> On 03 May, 2018 - Davide DB wrote:

> > > error".

> > > computer

> > > This is probably because we can't find any calibration values in your
> > > computer. Did you get a warning:
> > > "Disabled all O2 sensors due to a default calibration value." ?
> > >
> > > I think the code should fall back to the sensor average po2 when we
> > > won't get calibration values for the sensors, but we're not doing that
> > > right now.
> > >

> > Anton,
> >
> > I'm not crazy enough to dive a rebreather without a proper calibration.
> > Everything is ok on my unit. Cells are new and get calibrated before
> every
> > dive.
>
> Shure. The computer is probably properly calibrated, but the
> calibration values found in the memory of the computer are the default
> ones. Without those we can't convert the mV values to po2 values.
>
> The cal values might be there somewhere, but we don't know where.
>
> We can't emit the raw mV values, because neither libdivecomputer nor
> subsurface supports mV values.
>
> > I tried to download again from Shearwater desktop and everything is
> there:
> > pO2 and mV samples. I've never updated my Petrel since we found that
> > Subsurface pO2 values were completely wrong so I guess it should be some
> > bug arose lately.
> > It's sad nobody else (ccr users) replied to my feedback request when I
> > noted the pO2 discrepancy. I cannot believe I'm the only one on this list
> > using a ccr unit whit a divecan shearwater controller.
> >  When I realized pO2 were missing I thought it was something related to
> the
> > mobile download but it's not.
> >
> > I would do a full Subsurface download but I drained another battery but I
> > do not have a new one around ATM.
>
> We should at least emit the per sample average, when we can't emit the
> individual sensor values.
>
> Best would be if we could emit both the "true" average po2 and the
> individual sensor values. Unfortunately the interface doesn't support
> that distinction.

I changed battery and downloaded again with subsurface 4.7.8 desktop saving
the libdivecomputer log file.
I quit the download before getting errors and draining my battery.
At the end of the libdivecomputer file I find:

WARNING: Disabled all O2 sensors due to a default calibration value. [in
/home/travis/build/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/libdivecomputer/src/shearwater_predator_parser.c:503
(shearwater_predator_parser_cache)]
INFO: Write: size=9, data=FF0105002E902000C0

Exactly the problem mentioned by Anton.

Could someone explain me what does it means?
Is it a way to avoid displaying wrong pO2 samples due to the previous
problem?
What can I do? Is it my fault? Is my Petrel defective?

Why in my logbook I find 4 different computer names with different
attributes if my unit is always the same?

<divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel 2' deviceid='1a2d46b1'>
diveid='3db7eb77' dctype='CCR' no_o2sensors='1'>
<divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel 2' deviceid='1a2d46b1'>
diveid='52d4ba3e' dctype='CCR' no_o2sensors='3'>
<divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel' deviceid='1a2d46b1'>
diveid='a6e05a10' dctype='CCR'>
<divecomputer model='Shearwater Petrel 2' deviceid='1a2d46b1'>
diveid='3db24900' dctype='CCR'>

Are those differences due to subsurface history reason?

Thank you in advance

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos