How to build iOS simulator and iOS device ?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri May 4 01:06:59 PDT 2018

On May 4, 2018 9:08:14 AM GMT+02:00, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 10:02 AM, <jani at apache.org> wrote:
>

>> > but I'm not sure I want to be stuck with maintaining this as part
>of our
>> > source repository". If you can make this work, make this EASY TO
>MAINTAIN
>> > AS WE ADD NEW SOURCE FILES, CHANGE DEPENDENCIES... I'm willing to
>> consider
>> > it - but please understand that I might also look at it and say
>"yeah,
>> > no”.
>> Fair arguments, but a bit unfair against the newer versions of Xcode.

I am using 9.3
I think every version I try is worse than the one before.

>> My aim is to have a simple IDE, where I can develop/generate and
>test. How
>> do the Linux developers, hope not like I do sometimes use vi :-)

I use QtCreator and am very happy with it for rapid edit/compile/debug integration.

>I have to admit I have moved on from vi and use vim nowadays. Just a
>lot
>more comfortable to use than any IDE I have tried.

Ah, yes. And then we have a few developers who are truly hard core. At least one is using ue as his IDE :-)

But let me repeat... I'm willing to consider it, and if this is a trade-off that gets us another active developer for iOS, I'll try to be flexible... but I will also need to value maintainability quite highly.