Bluetooth nonfunctional

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sun May 13 10:11:01 PDT 2018

I am currently without any way of downloading my Petrel 2 to Subsurface.

On the latest  desktop master, I select Choose Bluetooth. I then force
download using Classic Bluetooth. No success. I activate the download
dumpfile and logfile. The logfile is empty, just with the header below.
There is no dumpfile.

Subsurface: v4.6.4-2174-g6f3c7386a62a, built with libdivecomputer
v0.7.0-devel-Subsurface-NG (e97a47cca55973199715df0f818b4955e60d3a31)

The terminal contains the following information.

Bluez 5 detected.
Creating QtBluezDiscoveryManager
Discovered:  "00:13:43:5B:8F:BE" "Petrel" Num UUIDs 1 total device 1
cached RSSI 0 Class 526084
Starting download from  BT
Starting the thread 0
void QBluetoothSocketPrivate::_q_readNotify() 31 error: -1 "Resource
temporarily unavailable"
Connection on channel 1 failed. Trying on channel number 5.
Failed to connect to device  00:13:43:5B:8F:BE . Device state
QBluetoothSocket::UnconnectedState . Error:
QBluetoothSocket::UnknownSocketError
Finishing the thread Unable to open %s %s (%s) dives downloaded 0

When downloading to Subsurface-Mobile, Android only sees a BTLE device
and does not download any dive.

There were some similar reports during the last month and I cannot
remember or locate any solution. Just three weeks ago I had no problem
in downloading using Bluetooth.

O, how I prefer iRDA because it works consistently and accurately.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf