Bluetooth nonfunctional

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Mon May 14 00:00:53 PDT 2018

On 13/05/2018 21:55, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> In my experience with the Petrel 2, once it decides to be stupid, it stays
> stupid. Remove the battery for at least 15 minutes. Forget the pairing on
> your computer. Insert battery, fix clock, pair again with your computer.
> Try again.
>
> At one point I had to do that three times until it decided to play with my
> Mac again. There is something SERIOUSLY broken - and my current
> guess is that it's in the BT/BLE stack on the Shearwater Petrel 2
>
> /D

Your diagnosis was accurate. When I tried downloading using the
Shearwater software on Win it also did not succeed. After removing the
battery download was successful in Subsurface. So it looks like the
problem is indeed in the Shearwater, not in the download software.

Thank you so much for your time.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to