Aeris F10 water temperature

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed May 16 07:26:13 PDT 2018

On 16/05/2018 16:02, Anton Lundin wrote:
> On 16 May, 2018 - Luca Lazzarotti wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> I started using subsurface
>> I have an F10 for freediving and I can download dives fine
>> the problem is that there is no water temperature details
>> Is there a way to import it as well?
>
> The code says:
>      if (parser->mode == FREEDIVE) {
> 	        have_temperature = 0;
>
> Aka, there are no temperature samples stored when in freediving mode.
>

> Can you import the temperature details with some other software?
>

> //Anton

I think the problem should be realistically solved within Subsurface. If
the Aeris reports temperature, then it should be captured and there
should be no need for alternative software.

The practical problem, however, is that the dive computer sensor often
takes several minutes to take on the water temperature. So does this
information from the Aeris really reflect the water temperature during a
free dive? That is probably why the code sets free dive water
temperatures to zero.

Do you have any comment, Luca?

Kind regards,

willem