Missing pO2 samples from CCR download [was: 4.7.8: a couple of questions]

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed May 23 03:08:05 PDT 2018

On 23/05/2018 11:01, Davide DB wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Is there any chance that one day it will be possible to see O2 sample on a
> CCR dive?
>> --
>> Davide

Davide,

Does the correct pO2 show on the Shearwater download software (i.e. the
Shearwater Desktop)?. This means that the data are correctly reported,
not a default calibration value as currently with Subsurface.

If this is the case, then the problem should in principle be solvable
and it possibly means that the coding in the dive log is slightly
different from that of the standard Petrel and the Fischer Petrel 2. The
most knowledgeable person to approach is Jef Driesen but he would need
some specific information from your download. A first approach is to
inspect the .bin dumpfile generated for debug in Subsurface. Then use
his dctool executable (If I remember correctly it can do Bluetooth and
it is extremely flexible) and see if you can trace the pO2 values.

I am not sure this is what you may want to hear, but assume that (if you
want the problem solved) you need to take the initiative. You may
possibly be the only person in this circle which has a divecan Petrel so
you are in the best position to address the problem.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf