Missing pO2 samples from CCR download [was: 4.7.8: a couple of questions]

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Wed May 23 07:49:45 PDT 2018

On Wed, 23 May 2018 at 16:22, Jef Driesen <jef at libdivecomputer.org> wrote:

> On 2018-05-23 14:58, Davide DB wrote:
> > On Wed, May 23, 2018, 12:08 Willem Ferguson
> > <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za>
> > wrote:
> >> If this is the case, then the problem should in principle be solvable
> >> and it possibly means that the coding in the dive log is slightly
> >> different from that of the standard Petrel and the Fischer Petrel 2.
> >> The
> >> most knowledgeable person to approach is Jef Driesen but he would need
> >> some specific information from your download. A first approach is to
> >> inspect the .bin dumpfile generated for debug in Subsurface. Then use
> >> his dctool executable (If I remember correctly it can do Bluetooth and
> >> it is extremely flexible) and see if you can trace the pO2 values.
> >>
> >> I am not sure this is what you may want to hear, but assume that (if
> >> you
> >> want the problem solved) you need to take the initiative. You may
> >> possibly be the only person in this circle which has a divecan Petrel
> >> so
> >> you are in the best position to address the problem.
> >>

> > While I do not pretend anything (of course), regarding your questions I
> > can
> > assure you that I made everything I could as end user. I gave
> > - Shearwater desktop screenshots
> > - Shearwater xml exported logs
> > - Subsurface xml logs
> > - Subsurface bin dumps
> > - dctool dump files
> >
> > My only fault was not filing a bug report on Github to resume
> > everything in
> > one place.
> > I even asked on the list if someone else was using a Shearwater Petrel
> > ECCR
> > controller and, maybe experiencing the same behavior. No reply. So I
> > don't
> > know if it's my specific unit or not.
> > BTW I recently updated Petrel firmware to the latest version without
> > results. While it's possible I'm the only Shearwater ccr user on this
> > list,
> > we are speaking of the most common eccr controller on the market
> > nowadays.
> > It's used on countless rebreathers not an obscure dive computer
> > implementation.
> >
> > Everything started months ago when I discovered that pO2 samples
> > reported
> > by Subsurface were completely different (and wrong) from Shearwater
> > desktop.
> > There was a long email thread in which AFAIK no solution was found: my
> > Petrel is strange.
> > Maybe I missed something and Jef or Anton modified something. I don't
> > know
> > but at some point pO2 samples disappeared from Subsurface hence I
> > opened
> > this thread but I'm failing to understand what "default calibration"
> > means
> > and why in my logbook I find the same device listed with random number
> [...]

Thank you Jef.
Everything is much clear now.
Now i understand why pO2 samples disappeared.
The current version of Shearwater desktop shows average pO2 and individual
mV values (see attachment).

I forgot that for the wrong pO2 samples I filed an Github issue on december
2017. Sorry I did not reply at some point because Anton and Robert replied
on Xmas day and I missed the email :)

Anton solution would be great.

https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/issues/971

--