Missing pO2 samples from CCR download [was: 4.7.8: a couple of questions]

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri May 25 07:35:49 PDT 2018

On 25/05/2018 15:55, Jef Driesen wrote:
> On 2018-05-23 16:47, Anton Lundin wrote:
>> On 23 May, 2018 - Anton Lundin wrote:
>>> The simple solution is to just emit the average/voted ppO2 when we
>>> can't
>>> find the calibration values.
>>>
>>> Its a graceful degradation of functionality, and way better than not
>>> showing any ppO2 at all.
>>>
>>> It should be simple to write.
>>

> The main disadvantage is that you'll no longer know which type of ppO2
> (sensor or voted/average) you are getting. Especially if you only have
> one sensor.
>
> Jef
> _

I would agree, but at least one gets the calculated pO2 as perceived by
the machine at the time, even though there is no idea about sensor
problems during the dive. It is so much better than having no pO2 data
to evaluate after a dive. This pO2  would still correspond to the data
in the pO2 graph of the Shearwater Desktop software.

I do not quite get the argument about one sensor? For one sensor there
is no averaging or voting?? I'm not seeing something, so please spell it
out?

Kind regards,
willem

Please refer to