Ratio Computers loves your work!

Paul-Erik Törrönen poltsi at poltsi.fi
Mon May 28 22:35:44 PDT 2018

On 2018-05-28 21:54, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Sadly you would be far from the first dive computer manufacturer to
> point
> support requests our way. That's why I was so "clear" in my statement.
> I really believe that your customers are best served if you have your
> own
> build of Subsurface that you support and for which you have done Q&A
> with your different dive computer models and firmware versions. And in
> that case it is simply easier for your customers if that version is
> marked
> as such. I'm not asking you to create a different project. I'm just
> suggesting
> that it will work much better for everyone involved if your customers
> can
> easily tell that they are indeed using your official version.

One detail that I haven't seen touched is the cloud-functionality, which
might be also worth fleshing out in this case.

If any device manufacturer would decide to make a custom build of
Subsurface, would they also be expected to set up their own
Subsurface-cloud storage, or can their customers use the main project
cloud?

The latter would complicate the situation IMO.

Poltsi

PS. I sent another email to the list last Thursday, but have not seen it
on the maillist, did it get caught in some filter? It was sent from this
email address which should be registered on the ML.