latest Windows build

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 06:14:35 PST 2018

the map works for me for me using the -339 installer.
had to temp disable my local Qt setup to make sure that DLLs are
picked from the installer properly.

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 at 12:36, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 11:02:37AM +0100, Jan Mulder wrote:
> > On 14-11-2018 09:30, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > >
> > > I know that a couple of you have access to BLE dive computers and Windows
> > > machines. I'd really appreciate if you could give this latest installer a
> > > try:
> > >
> > > http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/subsurface-4.8.3-339-g5963a15bbd84.exe
> >
> > I did a quick test on a Windows 8.1 box. The good news is that I managed to
> > download (once) from my OSTC3 over BLE, but it was a painful experience. Got
> > numerous failing sessions, and after I re-paired the DC, I was able to to
> > the successful download, but only once. Interestingly, download over BT was
> > unstable as well. I know that the OSTC can get in some sort of undefined
> > state when trying BT and BLE right after each other, so drawing firm
> > conclusions from my attempt does not seem right.
>
> Given that this is only supposed to work on Windows 10 (latest) I'm rather
> surprised that you got it to download on 8.1 at all.
> And yes, Lubomir also is running into BLE issues with his OSTC, even on
> Windows 10.
>
> So to me this is actually fairly good news. It means that I bundled the
> correct libraries and that it tries to download from BLE in the first
> place.
>
> I hope someone else is able to test on Windows 10 with one of the "easier"
> dive computers (I guess Shearwater Teric/Pedix AI or Scubapro G2 - I'm not
> sure if anyone has been able to even pair a Suunto EON Steel/Core with
> Windows so far...)

i never tested < 10. the Windows drivers are super flaky and it
requires the latest Windows 10 update.
also it required the latest drivers for my MB chip vendor.

i can download from both OSTC+ and Perdix AI, but they do still need
the regular un-pair / pair pattern.
discussions about Windows 10 are pointing out that this will be
further improved in future updates.

lubomir