Qt 5.12 and Android arm64 build

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Nov 14 14:03:54 PST 2018

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 10:28:04PM +0100, Jan Mulder wrote:
> With Qt 5.12 coming soon (end this month), I gave the beta #4 a try today.
> My focus was on the cross build of Subsurface-mobile for Android. Obviously,
> I ran in some problems, but nothing that seems mayor. One weird thing I
> could not solve up to now is an undefined reference from the linker
> (QtAndroid::runOnAndroidThread); a construct to set the color of the header
> and footer to our liking.
>
> With Qt 5.12 also a build for arm64 architecture becomes feasible. And I
> succeeded in a running arm64 app on my device. Also here, relatively
> straightforward (in hindsight). This requires a newer API that the currently
> used 16. I used API 21 (corresponding to Android 5.0).
>
> So, my question for Dirk: interested in set of patches for all this?
> Obviously, no hurry here, as 5.12 is still beta. I between I might take a
> look into clang instead of gcc for the mobile app, as Android had moved away
> from gcc, and support will end someday.

Yes, I'd love patches. Please appropriately ifdefed for Qt 5.12 since we
still build against 5.11. And yes, I'd love to see someone figure out the
clang issues. Qt was one of the projects that still built their binaries
with gcc (and I was told that you can't mix and match). Will there be an
Android Qt 5.12 built with clang?

Thanks