New Member submission

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Nov 16 15:23:41 PST 2018

Hi Felipe,

And welcome to Subsurface!

We don't have a real "program" to get new developers on board - so my suggestion would be to try and build Subsurface from source (that should be pretty straight forward), play with it, and see if there are things that break.
Obviously we have a ton of GitHub issues, but many of them are either hard to reproduce or require rather fundamental changes - and that may not be the best starting point.

But most people run into little things when they start building and using Subsurface, and that's a great way to get familiar with the sources (and yes, this is a somewhat complex project with often rather messy implementations - lots of room for improvement, for sure.

/D