which additional MXE packages do you need installed?

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 10:25:56 PDT 2018

Hi Dirk.

On Mon, Oct 01, 2018 at 05:59:29AM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Hi Salvador,
>
> Right now our Travis build is downloading a second MXE install for you - the comment in the before_install.sh indicates mdbtools and glib... is that all?
Yes that's all ... but ... mdbtools builds static so glib-2.0 must be
built both shared and static.
BTW, the paths in my tarball are different from yours. Although
binaries get merged in their correct paths in the travis VM; if you
are thinking about include them in your tarball, this may need some
changes in scripts/windows/before_install.sh

> Also, you clone mdbtools there, and then try to build those instead of the ones download with MXE... but then are falling back to MXE if the build fails... that all seems a little odd - am I missing something?

The idea is to use the latest avaliable mdbtools, assuming it can
include some recent fix and distros or mxe may be slow at including
them in their sources.
The reality is that mdbtools' last commit is from January 2017 so we
can drop this step, if you want and, and simply use the mxe binaries.

> The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to update Travis to a newer MXE version, and I'm afraid things will clash with the binaries that you then install on top...

Almost sure they will. I'm building at this moment mxe binaries from
97c0fbf in my "notsopowerful" laptop and will send a PR as soon I've
tested them to work.

Best regards.

Salva.