[BLE] Windows 10 status update

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 06:43:10 PDT 2018

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 at 04:33, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> - update Windows...
>
> - contact Shearwater support...

so Windows updated again for me with a small patch they released, but
this didn't solve the issue.

something i forgot to do is update the Dell drivers on this machine.
this is something that i didn't want to do because last time the
driver update *broke BT completely* and i had to trial and error until
i get the driver working by installing / uninstalling manually.
this time the BT driver fixed the Shearwater Perdix AI for good instead...

- Windows version
10.0.17134.320
this newer versions fixed the flakyness when discovering BTLE devices.
right now it just works 9/10 times from Start menu -> Bluetooth and
other... -> [ + ] Add ...

- BT driver:
Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 20.10.0.5
this fixed the random disconnects while being connected and
downloading dives from the Perdix after ~20 seconds.

log + image attached.

so how should we proceed now?
i'd say the Qt stack and Subsurface are ready for a public test build
at least. everything else is user end related - e.g. drivers, BT
dongles, Windows updates.
and we don't have control over those.

one thing we can improve is the UX related to pairing, but this will
require bundling a C# helper app with Subsurface.

Dirk, when you have some time, could you please try downloading from
the Teric device after updating drivers and Windows?
hopefully we get this one working too as TMK it's one of the devices
that is BLE only.

thanks
lubomir