Bluetooth device names

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Oct 12 09:59:41 PDT 2018

> On Oct 12, 2018, at 9:49 AM, Robert Helling <helling at lmu.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am currently working on a patch that in the dive computer download dialogue sets vendor and product based on the bluetooth name
> btDeviceSelectionDialog->getSelectedDeviceName()
> when it is available.
>
> For this it would be great to know how the supported dive computers identify. What are the possible strings (shown before the bluetooth address in the download dialogue)? Those of you with BT devices, how do your computers identify?

So we have that already. What am I missing? https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/blob/master/core/btdiscovery.cpp#L20 <https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/blob/master/core/btdiscovery.cpp#L20>

Oh, I need to add one that's just brilliant.

The Aqualung i770R identifies itself as "FQ012345" where the numbers are it's serial number.
Isn't that brilliant? I mean, once you realize that "FQ" is encoded as 0x4651 and once you know that that's the internal model number of the i770R.
I mean, it doesn't get more intuitive than that...
(thanks to Jef for explaining this to me...)