Filtering mobile UI

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 14 02:09:00 PDT 2018

On 10/14/18 3:44 AM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Today on the way to Bonaire I once again was reminded how much I miss
> being able to filter the dive list on mobile.
>
> I seem to remember someone mentioning that this was something they were
> looking into. But I can't seem to find that email.
>
> Is anyone working on this? Because if not, I might bite the bullet...

I'm not sure I ever mentioned it, but I have a very very rudimentary
(and buggy) filter on dive site sitting in my local repo. Just pushed it
to my online repo
(https://github.com/janmulder/subsurface/tree/filter-from-cpp). And just
rebased it on master.

As you see there, I did some work on this back in February, but it never
came to something worth submitting. I just pushed it now for your
inspiration, as I do not have plans to work on this any time soon. So,
yes, bite the bullet :-)

I agree that a filtering capability on mobile will be a very nice
feature. The main "problem" I was facing was: what do we want to filter
on, and how does the user input the filter criteria? As the screen real
estate is limited, I believe it should be something way simpler than the
desktop version. In fact, on trips, I'm mostly interested in the dives I
did before on that location. So that is why I started with the site filter.

--jan