Filtering on mobile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Oct 25 07:58:06 PDT 2018

> On Oct 25, 2018, at 1:39 AM, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>>
>> The question is, of course, if the dives that don't have Sodwana in their trip location, mention
>> Sodwana anywhere else, e.g. as tag or in the Notes (if you have that enabled in the settings),
>> etc.
>>
>> After all, this is a full text filter (and you can pick in the settings if it is case sensitive and if the
>> notes are included in the search). Does this explain the behavior?
>
> Dirk, of course you are absolutely correct. The search term was contained in one of the notes on a dive trip. I assumed that the notes field is not included in the search scope. Three points:

You can turn that off in the settings.

> 1) It would make the search facility more useful if there was an option to turn off including the notes in the search scope. Including the notes within the search scope has a significant use in its own right, but I suspect that by far the majority of searches would not involve interest in the dive notes but would rather focus on dives with a specific buddy or at a dive site or using specific suit or dive mode (e.g. OC, CCR).

Yes. Go to Settings, scroll down to "Filter preferences" and turn off inclusion of the notes

> 2) I suspect the filter does not allow searching by date?

No it does not. Since the dive list is ordered by date, that seemed unnecessary. Is there a scenario that I'm missing?

> 3) I have noticed a small bug in the filter text at the top of the screen but I am struggling to re-generate this issue. I am looking at a reliable way to generate this and I will report in a separate mail.
>
> This is an impressive facility in the mobile version.

Thanks. And yes, please keep testing and report any oddities that you find.