Difference in deco ceiling between 4.7.8 and 4.8.3

Robert C. Helling robert at euve10195.vserver.de
Sat Oct 27 00:22:06 PDT 2018

Hi,

> Am 26.10.2018 um 23:17 schrieb John Smith <noseygit at hotmail.com>:
>
> Has there been a tweet to the way deco ceilings are calculated recently?
>
> I’ve just updated to 4.8.3 and have the following
> <image1.jpeg>
>
> I’m running 75/75 and the reported ceiling is 12m.
>
> On my older laptop, I’m still running 4.7.8 and it shows a different ceiling (6m)even though it has the same gradient factors.
>
> <image2.jpeg>

There shouldn’t be a difference. Are you sure all the other data is the same (previous dives, gases used)? The calculated heat map looks very similar which makes this even more surprising. Would you mind sharing the relevant part of your log with me (helling at atdotde.de) so I can have a look? In the recent version, in the dive export you can strip out the text data for the export.

Best
Robert