Dive list columns: dive master?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Oct 27 07:25:15 PDT 2018

> On Oct 26, 2018, at 10:34 PM, Philippe Massart <philippe at philmassart.net> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> In the dive list, it is possible to add a « buddy » column, but nothing about the dive master. For divers (including myself) who are still in formation and get autonomy only under specific circumstances, the only buddy will sometimes be the dive master.

This is the reason why I typically push back against such changes. It turns into random configuration hell. Yes, of course we can add a column for dive master. And a column for combined dive master + buddy (let's call it people). And a column for the ... <insert every other field that we have>.
Sorry if I sound frustrated - I'm not frustrated with you. What you are asking for is a very reasonable request, given that we have added the buddy column. I just wished we hadn't added the buddy column. And I'm not thrilled to repeat that mistake with another one, TBH