Garmin support: ignore FIT files that aren't dives

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Sep 3 20:31:24 PDT 2018

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 2:39 PM Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> It bugged me that we kept offering all the other activities for download, so I
> added a small commit that would make us look at the sub_sport before
> offering the "dive" to Subsurface...

Patch looks fine to me. Not optimal, but not wrong.

I've emailed Jef about the whole "parsing and downloading shouldn't be
so separate", but that's a long-term thing.

Note that doing this right, you should also be able to do do the
DC_EVENT_DEVINFO event from the downloader (just once), since you'd
have the firmware/serial info now.

             Linus