planning for 4.8.2

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Sep 7 15:11:25 PDT 2018

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 2:50 PM Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> I know that Linus is looking into the Garmin Descent Mk1 as BLE devices - it would
> be good to know if this is something that feels “close” or “not sure if this will ever work”…

Oh, I think it's workable - I have a trace, I can connect to it, I see
the GATT descriptors - but it's not close.

You can definitely ignore Garmin BLE for this release, it would take
some unexpected sudden breakthrough for me to go from "I can see some
patterns in the trace" to "I can actually download data".

So realistically I'm weeks away, and that's not some guarantee either.
I'm really happy with how quickly the Garmin parser came together, and
we have that going for us, but plan on it being USB-only for the
immediate future.

                   Linus