planning for 4.8.2

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Sep 7 16:48:29 PDT 2018

> On Sep 7, 2018, at 3:11 PM, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>
> So realistically I'm weeks away, and that's not some guarantee either.
> I'm really happy with how quickly the Garmin parser came together, and
> we have that going for us, but plan on it being USB-only for the
> immediate future.

Thanks - that’s good to know for planning purposes.

In the meantime I have started working on the Shearwater Teric download, which
will also significantly change the download from most other Shearwater dive computer
(anything but Predator and /possibly/ the very oldest Petrels). I have all the docs I need,
I had dive computers to test with, all I need is the time to implement this and I think I
might be able to get this into testable state this weekend.

I know that Jef has also been planning to look into this, but haven’t seen anything from
him, so I hope I’m not duplicating work that already exists.