Two cylinders same gas, no SAC on Information pane

Crawford Currie cc at c-dot.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 07:44:57 PDT 2018

Not a big problem, just annoying. I dive independent12s, both with the
same gas, and usually have different levels in each cylinder after a
dive. I like to record this in Subsurface 4.8.1 by adding 2 x 12L on the
Equipment pane with relevant start and end pressures for each cylinder.
The Statistics pane then shows a calculated SAC which is consistent with
my rule-of-thumb calculation. However the SAC box on the Information
pane is empty (no SAC shown). I have the same gas in both cans, it ought
to be able to make sense of that (Subsurface-mobile seems to manage it OK)

If I add an explicit gas change event in the profile,then aseparate SAC
for each cylinder is calculated, but that's really not what I want.

(Also: I just noticed that when a gas change event is deleted, it
doesn't update the information pane)

Possibly related issues on github: 1116, 1269

C.