Fwd: Text on ffmpeg

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Wed Sep 12 04:49:28 PDT 2018

On 12/09/2018 12:44, Willem Ferguson wrote:

> [...]
Hallo Berthold,

Looks like our normal email is working again. Thanks for the above. That
is certainly very useful and I tested it on my Linux box. One question.
The date/time that is used to insert the video: are there any Exif or
equivalent data in the file from which this is obtained, or does it use
the file system date/time? My video viewer does not produce any
date/time incoded in the ,mp4 itself.

Second question. I have several .MOV files in the same directory as the
.mp4 file that I work with. When, in Subsurface, I select "Attach images
from file" and I point it to the right directory, and select "Video
files" it only sees the .mp4 file, NOT the .MOV files. The file filter
that determines which files are seen must be set by the Subsurface
importer. However, when I select the "All files" filter, then it sees
the .MOV files. So, it appears the filter for "Video files" could be
improved to include the formats that ffmpeg supports????

Thirdly, it is a rudimentary issue to update the dive list context menu
entry to read "Load Images from file" to "Load media from file". The
same should probably happen to the menu entry immediately underneath
"Load images from web". Should I do that?

Kind regards,

willem

Kind regards,

willem