Fwd: Re: Cressi Leonardo not Accessable to Download Logs

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Sep 14 05:28:27 PDT 2018

On 14/09/2018 08:49, kets466 at gmail.com wrote:
> I've been trying to download the logs from my Cressi Leonardo dive
> computer without any success when using Subsurface.
> But if I use Diving Log v6.0 software I have no problems at all.
> I much prefer to use Subsurface not only because it a free product but
> also because I've invested so much time in manually inputting all my
> dives.
>
> I'm sure I'm not the only one to have come up against this problem,
> either with the Cressi Leonardo or any of the many dive computers
> Subsurface claims it's able to download logs from.
>
> I'm using the lastest Cressi PC Interface drivers thinking that the
> old ones may have been the Com Port 3 communications problem, this was
> not the case.
> Subsurface has a problem with communicating with Com Port 3. My PC
> sees the interface at Com Port 3 obviously otherwise Diving Log v6.0
> wouldn't be able to download my logs.
>
> Hope there is some help coming soon to fix this problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan
Since you mention COM3, it appears you are using Windows on a
desktop/laptop, and not the Android version.
Since Divinglog 6 works with your Leonardo, it appears your download
cable works ok.
One question: For what possible reason do you need the Cressi interface
drivers? This would normally only be required if you use the Cressi
software to download dives.
Read the user manual section that deals with USB downloads.
A suggestion: Open a command prompt in Windows. Then run Subsurface as
follows:

subsurface -vvv

This opens Subsurface and produces a verbose output of what Subsurface
does while you are running it and also includes information on any
errors encountered.
Capture the text of the output in your command window and send that to
this forum.
Kind regards,
willem

Please refer to