planning for 4.8.2

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Sep 14 06:20:45 PDT 2018

> On Sep 14, 2018, at 5:58 AM, Jef Driesen <jef at libdivecomputer.org> wrote:
>
> On 2018-09-08 01:48, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>> On Sep 7, 2018, at 3:11 PM, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>>> So realistically I'm weeks away, and that's not some guarantee either.
>>> I'm really happy with how quickly the Garmin parser came together, and
>>> we have that going for us, but plan on it being USB-only for the
>>> immediate future.
>> Thanks - that’s good to know for planning purposes.
>> In the meantime I have started working on the Shearwater Teric download, which
>> will also significantly change the download from most other Shearwater
>> dive computer
>> (anything but Predator and /possibly/ the very oldest Petrels). I have
>> all the docs I need,
>> I had dive computers to test with, all I need is the time to implement
>> this and I think I
>> might be able to get this into testable state this weekend.
>> I know that Jef has also been planning to look into this, but haven’t
>> seen anything from
>> him, so I hope I’m not duplicating work that already exists.
>
> Sorry for the late response. I've had some problems with internet access lately, and the past few weeks I've also been fully occupied with some other things in life. So I'm running a bit behind at the moment and I'll have a lot to catch up with. But I probably won't have much time for doing libdivecomputer related work until next month.

Life happens...

> But the answer your question, I had not started working on the Teric support yet.

We have what I believe fairly complete Teric support in the Subsurface-NG branch of our libdivecomputer repo that is referenced in Subsurface master.
Feel free to look at / use. If you have comments or would like changes, please let me know - as you know I'd prefer to have our code as close to your upstream as possible.