PR #1277

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 07:58:29 PDT 2018

On 15 September 2018 at 14:11, Willem Ferguson
<willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
> Dear Lubomir, Dirk,
>
> Please look at #1277. Github told me at the time that this PR was pulled and
> it is indeed reflected in the latest master user-manual.txt in
> src/subsurface/Documentation. BUT it is clearly NOT in the present
> user-manual.html in subsurface/build/Documentation. There must be some issue
> with the build script or am I going mad?

Willem, i can confirm that the additions you've made are not reflected
in the user-manual.html file.
no errors are thrown:

-- Installing: /home/lubo-it/src/install-root/share/subsurface/Documentation/user-manual.html
-- Installing: /home/lubo-it/src/install-root/share/subsurface/Documentation/user-manual_es.html
-- Installing: /home/lubo-it/src/install-root/share/subsurface/Documentation/user-manual_fr.html
-- Installing: /home/lubo-it/src/install-root/share/subsurface/Documentation/user-manual_ru.html

searching for one of the new strings from this PR:

lubo-it at luboitvbox:~/src/subsurface/build/Documentation$ grep "In pSCR
diving" * -rnI
user-manual_fr.html:3130:<div class="paragraph"><p>In pSCR diving, the
inspired gas often has a pO<sub>2</sub> below that of the fresh
(the string is only found in the FR translation of the manual)

we seem to have a docs generation bug, but i won't have the time to
debug this during the weekend.

something that can be done is find which commit broke it, here is the
history of commit SHAs:
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/commits/master/Documentation/user-manual.txt

then this can be done:
  git checkout <commit-SHA>
  rebuild subsurface...
to find the last one which works.

also a question - your commit is
https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/commit/773ee0d990d1b5d9783a9eef5784e7c4963ca02c
did you verify that your additions look good after the HTML is generated?

lubomir