PR #1277

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Sep 15 16:08:25 PDT 2018

> On September 15, 2018 4:11:05 AM PDT, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za <mailto:willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za>> wrote:
> Dear Lubomir, Dirk,
>
> Please look at #1277. Github told me at the time that this PR was pulled
> and it is indeed reflected in the latest master user-manual.txt in
> src/subsurface/Documentation. BUT it is clearly NOT in the present
> user-manual.html in subsurface/build/Documentation. There must be some
> issue with the build script or am I going mad?

My current guess is that you are missing a few tools and that our build system silently gives you the HTML files that are stored in git.
On Ubuntu you need to run

sudo apt install asciidoc w3m

in order to be able to create the HTML files from source.

Additionally, most of the .txt files had errors in them which caused the conversion to HTML to fail, as a result of which the HTML versions stored in git were outdated.
I fixed all of those (but for the French version for example they need to be reflected in the tooling used to create the translation) and pushed new .html.git files.

With this you should see the updates that you were missing.