Subsurface mobile 2.1.3(4.8.2.5) Pelagic data cable issues

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Sep 19 21:37:42 PDT 2018

> On Sep 19, 2018, at 8:54 PM, Bill Perry <bperrybap at opensource.billsworld.billandterrie.com> wrote:
>
> On 09/19/2018 09:13 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> How do you feel with signing your app with a different certificate. Did you change the name?
>
> I have no feelings about it.

Grr. Don't respond on the phone, Dirk.

The question was supposed to be "how do you DEAL with signing your app"

i.e., did you give your app a different name so you wouldn't have a signature conflict when installing it?

> Are you wanting to have multiple subversion apps installed at the same time?
>
> All I did to build the mobile app from sources was checkout the v4.9.1 tag and run the scripts as noted the INSTALL file in the subsurface tree.
> Actually, after I modified any libdivecomputer files I manually ran make down in libdivecomputer-build-arm
> and subsurface-mobile-build-arm as the subsurface/packaging/android/build.sh script didn't work for me beyond the first run as it didn't rebuild the libdivecomputer library
> when source files changed and it rebuilt lots of things it didn't need to re-build.
>
> The name of the app created is subsurface-mobile-build-arm-debug.apk
> Currently, I'm just using the samsung file manager to install it from a thumb drive rather than transferring it over using adb
> as I wasn't intending to do very many builds & installs.

What I'm wondering is if somehow Android now only delivers the connect Intent to your app and no longer offers it to the official one.

In other words, I'm grasping for straws.