Mares Bluetooth dongle

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Sep 24 16:41:42 PDT 2018

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 12:23 PM Linus Torvalds

> Our code to pick a characteristic is basically almost entirely random
> and just "this worked for the cases we had" with then the Heinrichs
> Weicamp thing being a complete special case because of the whole "need
> to do flow control in software" thing.
>
> I suspect I just need to bite the bullet and have a per-divecomputer
> set of uuid's etc, with the existing code as a fallback. Or something.

I didn't end up doing the uuid matching yet.

Instead, I tried to just fix up the fairly hardcoded "pick the first
characteristic for writing, the last for reading", and make that whole
logic be a lot more flexible.

So now it actually looks at which characteristics have which
properties, and tries to do the sane thing based on that.

It still works for me Shearwater and my Suunto, and it does seem to make sense.

So maybe it now works for the Mares BlueLink. And if not, I'd really
like to see the subsurface debug log from a trial..

Dirk, I've sent you a merge request on github.

                 Linus