Mares Smart Dive Computer + Bluelink pro

Berthold Stoeger bstoeger at mail.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Sep 25 22:40:31 PDT 2018

Hi Linus,

On Wednesday, 26 September 2018 00:50:11 CEST Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 3:19 PM Linus Torvalds
>
> <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> > Somebody who knows Qt better should check me, but if this is about
> > that "you can't connect multiple services to one BLEopbject slot",
> > then the attached trivial patch might just fix this all.
>
> This patch - and a re-done older patch of mine to add per-packet
> debugging - just sent as a pull request to Dirk.
>
> If it doesn't fix the problem, at least the debugging patch might give
> me more ideas about *why* we seem to just give up on receiving the
> data, even though the data is clearly there.

I haven't looked at the BLE code in ages. But I have to wonder if by removing
the
	connect(service, &QLowEnergyService::stateChanged, this,
&BLEObject::serviceStateChanged);
call you haven't actually made debugging *harder*. Note that
serviceStateChanged() is a debugging function that tells us when a service has
been discovered. I don't see the point in connecting this function *after* the
service was discovered (then the state already has changed).

Berthold