Mares Smart Dive Computer + Bluelink pro

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Sep 26 13:20:12 PDT 2018

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 12:55 PM Fabio Capriati
<fabio.capriati at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> Something is changed. Now it said that "no new dives are present on computer".

Hmm. It actually successfully opened the device, and got the version
data. That seems to have completed successfully.

It then tried to do a 4-byte read at offset 12, which is this:

        // Read the serial number.
        unsigned char serial[4] = {0};
        rc = mares_iconhd_device_read (abstract, 0x0C, serial, sizeof (serial));
        if (rc != DC_STATUS_SUCCESS) {
                ERROR (abstract->context, "Failed to read the memory.");
                return rc;
        }

and *that* failed. But the communication actually was successful: you
can see how the dive computer returned AA to the command (that's
"ACK") and then EA to the length/offset (that's EOF). It just didn't
return the four bytes we actually asked for.

So for some reason we didn't actually get the serial number return.

Odd. Because the *communication* now all looks good.

           Linus