[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 15:50:26 PDT 2018

On 27 September 2018 at 01:43, Linus Torvalds
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 3:05 PM Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> thanks goes to Linus, because i was stuck on this not being able to
>> figure out what's going on for a long time...
>
> I suspect that if I fixed something, I fixed it for the same reason
> the debug log got easier to read: less overlapping of IO and GATT
> discovery.
>
> So the Qt windows BLE code may have been confused by IO happening to
> one characteristic while another characteristic is still being
> discovered, or something.
>
> But good to know that there's progress on the Windows side, even if it
> was unintentional.

i'm not sure, tbh.

the way i implemented it in Qt was using a job queue:
- writeDescriptor, readDescriptor, writeChar, readChar type jobs are
all added to the same queue in a worker thread.
so read and write cannot happen in parallel, but rather the jobs wait in line.

this was requested by the Qt maintainers.

lubomir