Mares Smart Dive Computer + Bluelink pro

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Thu Sep 27 11:22:19 PDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:27 AM Linus Torvalds

> But yes, limiting the packetsize to 128 bytes when using the BlueLink
> Pro dongle really fixes things.
>
> And I also made the "split command" be conditional, and the "send as
> one" be triggered by just the bluetooth case.

Ok, pushed out to libdivecomputer.

Bluetooth to this thing is *so* slow for me that I can't really be
bothered to download the whole memory dump of the Quad Air (I gave up
after about 300kB transferred, which took closer to an hour), so I
still didn't really _finish_ a full dump, but I did successfully
transfer literally hundreds of kB of data.

I need to try to figure out what it is that makes our bluetooth so
much slower and higher latency than it should be, but that's a
separate issue. As mentioned, it could easily be "Qt defaults to the
slow mode", and that either being a Qt limitation, or me simply not
knowing about the correct magic to things go faster.

But I think I'll go return the loaner dive computer, I don't want the
dive shop that lent it to me feel like they need to worry about it,
and I think I've done as much debugging on this as I'm likely to.

I *think* Fabio will actually be able to download his dives with this
last change. His traces already showed that it was really close.

                      Linus