[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Sep 28 15:03:18 PDT 2018

> On Sep 28, 2018, at 1:10 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Yes indeed. Now how do I add Lubomir's patches to my built-from-source-anyway Qt libraries for MXE?
>>> So we can get more people to test "official" binaries?
>>>

>> i will post some instructions later today.
>> the changes to make win32-ble to work are part of an official branch.
>>

> setup know to work:
>> built with Qt Version 5.9.5, runtime from Qt Version 5.10.1
>
> once the Qt tree is in place this branch has to be fetched:
> http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtconnectivity.git/log/?h=wip/win <http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtconnectivity.git/log/?h=wip/win>
>
> cd qtconnectivity
> git fetch origin wip/win:wip/win
> git checkout wip/win
>
> at this point building Qt should use that branch.
>
> please mind that i every time i try to rebuild Qt something breaks for
> me, so i'm probably not the best person on giving advise how to build
> Qt.
>
> here is my windows CMD script for rebuilding + installing only qtconnectivity:
> ------------
> @echo off
> cls
> echo ************
> echo CLEANUP...
> del /q C:\bin\qt\5.9.2\src\qtbase\lib\*Qt5Bluetooth*
> echo BUILDING...
> make -j4 module-qtconnectivity > NUL
> :: make -j4 module-qtdeclarative > NUL
> echo.
> echo ************
> echo COPYING...
> copy /y C:\bin\qt\5.9.2\src\qtbase\lib\Qt5Bluetooth*
> C:\bin\qt\5.9.2\mingw53_32\bin\
> copy /y C:\bin\qt\5.9.2\src\qtbase\lib\Qt5Bluetooth*
> C:\bin\qt\5.9.2\mingw53_32\lib\
> copy /y C:\bin\qt\5.9.2\src\qtbase\lib\libQt5Bluetooth*
> C:\bin\qt\5.9.2\mingw53_32\lib\
>
> Qt5Bluetooth*.dll will be required for Subsurface deployments.

That looks… “interesting”.
So your code is Qt 5.9.5 based?
We are currently building against Qt 5.10.1
I guess I’ll need to figure out if this works against Qt 5.10.1 as well or if we are better off downgrading overall.
Not sure if I want to tackle this for Subsurface 4.8.3 - that sounds like I might be breaking way too many things.

And on the off chance that this does sound even the least bit critical (because I have been told by others today that I’m a bit grumpy): I am super happy with your progress there. Lack of BLE support on Windows was a huge concern for me and this is awesome. We may not get this for 4.8.3, but we should be able to get “something” out very soon.

Thanks