Translations and test binaries [was: rush job before I travel - can we pull off 4.8.3 / 2.1.4 this weekend?]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Sep 28 16:11:33 PDT 2018

Here’s where we are:

Test binaries are app for all platforms:
Windows: http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/subsurface-4.8.2-90-ge0e20edd87af.exe
Mac: http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-4.8.2-90-ge0e20edd87af.dmg
AppImage: https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/releases/download/continuous/Subsurface-4.8.2-90-ge0e20edd87af-x86_64.AppImage
Ubuntu is on Launchpad
OpenSUSE is on OBS
Fedora builds failed again on OBS, need to look into what I messed up this time - it looks like my fix for the appdata.xml didn’t actually work
Android: http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-mobile-4.8.2.90-arm.apk - but also pushed to Google Play beta channel
iOS has been submitted for review, should show up “soon”

It would be great to make sure we have at least some testing for these binaries - reports “hey, did a quick test, nothing seems broken” (or the opposite :-( ) would be extremely helpful so that we at least have some indication how much testing this has gotten.

Many translations have already been completed - you people are AMAZING!!!

If all goes well I’ll create this “quick release” on Saturday :-)

Thanks

/D