[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 19:58:26 PDT 2018

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 at 05:52, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> > On Sep 28, 2018, at 7:46 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> >> i'm not sure either, but it seems that the OSTC+ works for me using that build.
> >>
> >> so i guess on your side we have an issue that other users might face as well.
> >> the device discovery and pairing is problematic on Windows...and i've
> >> raised that concern before.
> >>
> >> i wonder if a restart + removing + adding / pairing the devices would help.
> >> on my side a restart often helps in cases the device cannot be found.
> >
> > So Windows tells me it sees the devices and is paired with both of them.
> > I tried removing one or the other. Of course they are both very similar.
> > I'll try another BLE dive computer that I have and see if that will play
> > along...
>
> I installed Shearwater Cloud on that machine. It immediately connects
> with both computers. Even while it is scanning, a scan with Subsurface
> fails

- is Shearwater Cloud an Universal Windows Platform app, those support
scanning and pairing, unlike Subsurface which is a native app?
- i wonder if anti-virus is at play here, do you have an option to
temp disable it?
- did you try deleting all DCs from control panel -> restarting ->
adding them again?
- does the list of devices gets populated even if the red Subsurface
error is shown?

lubomir