[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 20:19:03 PDT 2018

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 at 06:10, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> > On Sep 28, 2018, at 8:07 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > according to a post here UWP apps are only accessible via the Windows Store:
> > https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/47840-how-do-i-know-if-installed-app-universal-app.html
> >
> > if it's not installed via the Windows Store this means the Shearwater
> > devs know something that we don't know, as the Qt developers assured
> > me non-UWP apps don't have access to the pair API.
>
> Nope, not from the store. And DEFINITELY the app can pair with their
> dive computers without a problem. It finds the quickly and very reliably.

i can investigate their binary a little.
we also have the option to just ask them - are they friendly?

> I'll bring you the Perdix AI next week, then you can try this first hand.

sounds good.

> >> Sometimes it gets populated with BT devices if I select Auto instead
> >> of Force LE. But if I get the error I mentioned, then it isn't populated
> >>

> > if it's only happening sometimes, it could be do two a couple of reasons:
> > - malfunctioning chip on the laptop.
> > - a software hook interrupting the scan. AV software can do that.
>
> But why doesn't that happen to Shearwater Cloud???

i did a good amount of investigation on this and also asked around.

it might be a case where it's not about UWP vs non-UWP but rather (C#
or C++) vs C.
for instance this post confirms my findings. [1]

i need to go to bed now, will investigate more tomorrow or on Sunday.
in the meantime if you can try another Windows machine and if we can
get more feedback from users it would be great!

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19959261/how-to-scan-for-bluetooth-low-energy-devices-in-windows-8-desktop

thanks.
lubomir