[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 20:28:08 PDT 2018

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 at 06:19, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 at 06:10, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >

> > > On Sep 28, 2018, at 8:07 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > according to a post here UWP apps are only accessible via the Windows Store:
> > > https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/47840-how-do-i-know-if-installed-app-universal-app.html
> > >
> > > if it's not installed via the Windows Store this means the Shearwater
> > > devs know something that we don't know, as the Qt developers assured
> > > me non-UWP apps don't have access to the pair API.
> >
> > Nope, not from the store. And DEFINITELY the app can pair with their
> > dive computers without a problem. It finds the quickly and very reliably.
> >

> i can investigate their binary a little.
> we also have the option to just ask them - are they friendly?

on a quick look Sheerwater Cloud is written in C#, saw some dot-net
EXE patchers and also the Mono runtime in their installer.

so we are probably dealing with a case where it's not about UWP, but
rather C# vs C:

also the Microsoft pairing examples are in C#:
https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-universal-samples/blob/master/Samples/BluetoothLE/cs/Scenario1_Discovery.xaml.cs#L306
https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-universal-samples/tree/master/Samples/BluetoothLE/cs

for Subsurface, we don't have an option other than the one we have ATM.

lubomir