[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Sep 29 10:26:00 PDT 2018

> On Sep 28, 2018, at 8:19 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> i can investigate their binary a little.
> we also have the option to just ask them - are they friendly?

They are VERY friendly. I'll reach out to them. But as you mentioned, their's is
a C# app, so things might be different there.
Can we write a C# helper and pass the information to our app?

In the meantime, I completed a compile of Qt 5.11.2 from source, added
your wip/win qtconnectivity and did a make install to make sure that ALL
of the files are copied to the right place.

I created an installer from that (which is missing FB, printing, user manual,
and apparently for some reason even the maps). You can find it on our website
as http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/subsurface-4.8.2-92-gb05b8de05966.exe

I then purchased a new copy of Windows 10 (the things we do for our
hobbies) and installed it on the same laptop that I do my "on hardware"
Linux testing on.

I paired the Teric with Windows (no problem there at all, found it right away).

So now we have:
- different laptop
- different BT device (this is a USB dongle, other one was built in)
- different Windows 10 install
- NO anti virus, anything

Still the exact same experience in Subsurface
Regardless if I select Auto or Force LE, I get the Device discovery error.
And I get it fairly quickly.

If I put my BT-classic-only Petrel in BT mode, it gets detected within a
second or two, and I can immediately download from it (without having
to do any pairing first).

So BT works, but somehow the BLE scan results in an error.

You know the code much better than I do... in the scan path, what can
create such an error? One thing that is odd about my office is that I can
see more than a dozen BLE devices here on a regular scan. I wonder
if one of the unpaired ones is causing this behavior. But give then need
to pair first for BLE, that does seem unlikely, doesn't it?

Is there a way to get more debug info from the Qt BLE code to see WHY
it created that error?

My plan for 4.8.3 is to switch back to my previous MXE setup so we have
working Windows binaries with all components (but not BLE). But I really
want to push on this BLE story. It feels like we are SO CLOSE.

Thanks