Mobile: QML weirdness (likely Kirigami bug)

Jan Mulder jlmulder at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 29 13:09:51 PDT 2018

Ok, yesterday I wrote "So needed: revert both 17ec95e70c3ae58 and
40766db459b21.

Bug is related to the page stack and swiping through dives and returning
to the list by the breadcrumb (instead of the menu). Sometimes this
results in a page that shows both the divelist and the divedetail page
on top of each other. Easy to get to a sane state again from that (just
select the dive list from the menu), so not a real showstopper, but it
look ugly."

Further investigation shows that Kirigami commit 26b8bdea24c3930
(Refactor the Global ToolBar concept) first introduces this wrong
behavior in Subsurface-mobile. This is very non-trivial commit on the
Kirigami side, and I see nothing obvious that could explain the changed
behavior.

So the question is now: are we (Subsurface-mobile) doing something wrong
or is it the mentioned commit that messes things up for us (and prevents
us upgrading at this point).

I'm highly inclined to blame the Kirigami commit, as things as flicking
trough the page stack, using breadcrumb navigation, etc is 99% under
control of the Kirigami level of our app. Obviously, a small QML only
demonstrator of the issue could prove this.

It would be very nice if Marco could take a look as I believe no
Subsurface-mobile expertise on this QML/Kirigami level exists.

--jan