[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 13:30:56 PDT 2018

On Sat, 29 Sep 2018 at 20:26, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> > On Sep 28, 2018, at 8:19 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > i can investigate their binary a little.
> > we also have the option to just ask them - are they friendly?
>
> They are VERY friendly. I'll reach out to them.

yes, after finding it's C# i don't have any immediate questions.

> But as you mentioned, their's is
> a C# app, so things might be different there.
> Can we write a C# helper and pass the information to our app?

this is not that easy.
we spoke about a similar scenario when the Win32 discussions started
with Alex about UWP.

if such a helper is to be built:
- it has to be built using the Windows SDK and MSVC as standalone app
and not as a library.
- if we get it to work with an older dot-net version it's going to be
OK, if not we need to force users to update their dot-net setup before
using and if we don't want to redistribute the whole target dot-net.
- given it cannot be built using MINGW, we need to create something
like a TCP Socket protocol to make Subsurface communicate with the
helper app.

i'm not sure i'm liking where this is going.
given the OSTC+ already works, i'd prefer if can we find another solution.

lubomir