[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Sep 29 15:03:40 PDT 2018

> On Sep 29, 2018, at 2:57 PM, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 2:47 PM Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> random addresses should not be used on Win32.
>
> Afaik, the dive computers that need random addresses will simply not
> respond to the static ones.
>
> It's not a "choice" you can make. It's the other end that says that
> they need a random address.
>
> Now, it's possible that Windows does the selection automatically
> (that's how it *should* work, and Bluez is being stupid about it), but
> then it shouldn't matter whether you set the random address bit or
> not.

Interestingly enough, the two BLE dive computers I tried with are
both Shearwaters who AFAIK require random addresses. I don't
see, however, how that would cause the error pairing.

The third one (Suunto EON Steel) I couldn't figure out how to even
pair with Windows 10...

Still trying to figure out how to get the logging to work...