[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 18:43:33 PDT 2018

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 at 04:40, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> > On Sep 29, 2018, at 3:58 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > oh, our discovery seems to happen in the front end.
> > https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/blob/master/desktop-widgets/btdeviceselectiondialog.cpp
> >
> > with the custom WinBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgent
> > i remembered now.
> > https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/subsurface/blob/master/desktop-widgets/btdeviceselectiondialog.cpp#L605
>
> Correct. And that's where we hard code the PowerOff error, btw.
>
> I have now added a new version that prints the actual error...
>
> WSALookupServiceBegin results in "No such service is known. The service cannot be found in the specified name space"
> Which is the error string for WSASERVICE_NOT_FOUND
> "This error is returned for a bluetooth service discovery request if no remote bluetooth devices were found."
>
> And that makes sense because no BT devices were on. But what about my BLE devices??? I have tons of them.
>
> But I think this is pointing me in the right direction. Next step: improve our error and debug messages :-)

the discovery in the latest Qt win/wip branch works for me.
it detects my devices and guesses their types.
i can connect to the DC device too.

if the small app that i just posted works for you we can just replace
the WSA (WinBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgent) usage with the
QBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgent from Qt.

lubomir