[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 15:17:38 PDT 2018

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 at 20:28, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> > On Sep 30, 2018, at 10:23 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > i think you've mentioned that only the Shearwater DCs worked.
> > based on the conversation history, i don't think the Teric worked yet.
>
> The Teric is the Shearwater Teric :-)
>
> I have been testing with three dive computers so far
>
> Shearwater Petrel (BT classic only)
> Shearwater Perdix AI (BLE only)
> Shearwater Teric (BLE only)
>
> my other BLE dive computer (Suunto EON Steel) tries very hard
> to be invisible and requires some trickery to pair to - I haven't
> figured out how to do this on Windows.

this link contains updated testing app for the WIN32 BLE stack:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehkoklydtnrvzxg/_qt-bt-discovery.zip?dl=0

using this app i can:
1) discover the OSTC+
2) list it's services
3) list characteristics and descriptors for a service
4) it has a prompt that asks if you want to write / read descriptors /
characteristics
- using the prompt i can enable notifications by writing 0100 to a
certain descriptor.
- i can then enter the dive computer into download mode by writing BB
to a certain characteristic.

this app can be used to debug if the Qt WIN32 stack works for the
devices we are having problems with.
next step would be to attach libdivecomputer to this and debug a
complete download, but i'm not sure where i would have the time to do
that.

lubomir