[TEST REQUEST] Windows Bluetooth LE build

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Sep 30 18:20:28 PDT 2018

> On Sep 30, 2018, at 6:09 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 1 Oct 2018 at 03:38, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> The crazy thing is that this morning I successfully downloaded from this very dive computer. And I have not the faintest clue what I have changed. I have gone back to the same binary that I am pretty sure is the one that I used… doesn’t work.
>
> has the machine been restarted since the morning?

Yes it has. Repeatedly.
Windows keeps going to sleep or shutting down for some reason when I'm not at the computer. I'm sure it's some energy saving magic.

>> First we have this:
>>
>> qt.bluetooth.windows: Unable to get value for characteristic "{27b7570b-359e-45a3-91bb-cf7e70049bd2}" of the service "{fe25c237-0ece-443c-b0aa-e02033e7029d}" : "No attribute found within the given attribute handle range."
>
> this can happen in a case where a characteristic is WriteOnly.
> the Qt stack tries to pre-populate values of a all characteristics in
> a map when it discovers them, but it would still complain if it cannot
> obtain a value of a WriteOnly char.
>
> this can be improved in the Qt stack, but for now we can ignore it as
> it's not critical.

Cool. That's enough for me right now - we can deal with the cosmetics of this later.

>> And then the whole “semaphore timeout period has expired” thing…
>
> this comes directly from the Windows GATT backend for writing descriptors.
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/bluetoothleapis/nf-bluetoothleapis-bluetoothgattsetdescriptorvalue
>
> ERROR_SEM_TIMEOUT can happen in a case where the service path is
> already opened in another process and this process has acquired an
> exclusive lock on the path.
> for instance, this can happen if i start BLE Explorer, connect to the
> same device and start changing values in a service. then run the
> qt-bt-discovery test app and try to do the same while both apps are
> running.

OK, I don't have BLE Explorer. I do have the settings app open, though.
And I am not 100% sure if I maybe had Subsurface open as well - but
that shouldn't have been in BLE mode.

Let me reboot again to make sure nothing else is running and try from there