4.8.6 plans

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Apr 5 06:51:38 PDT 2019

> On Apr 5, 2019, at 12:25 AM, Robert Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
>
> Hi everybody,
>
>> On 3. Apr 2019, at 16:57, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> I would prefer to focus on clear bug fixes and leave all the new features for 4.9.
>
> I understand the feeling and you have my support. Of course I would like to eventually see also the new features we added out in the wild but let’s fix bugs first. Given that our last dot dot release was also cherry picking bug fixes we simply should not postpose a feature release indefinitely.

I had planned to get out 4.9 with all the new features. But it seems really odd not to wait for the dive site changes. But maybe I'm wrong about that?
Still, getting current master ready seems like a lot more work than to just add a few dozen commits to the branch.

But to make it clear, once the dive site undo / redesign code is merged, my next goal is a 4.9 release.