Create an additional tab for dive information

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Thu Apr 11 08:56:55 PDT 2019

On 2019/04/10 18:19, Berthold Stoeger wrote:
> Hi Willem,
>
> On Mittwoch, 10. April 2019 15:49:52 CEST Willem Ferguson wrote:
>> 1) It is complex to move any of the edit boxes to a different tab
>> because the confirmation boxes and data checking are all executed in
>> Maintab. If one moves some of the text boxes to a different tab, a
>> duplicate system of data validation and confirm/reject would be
>> required. This makes it unattractive to move the edit boxes out of the
>> main tab.
> I'm sure you realize that I'm currently rewriting the whole confirm/reject
> thing. More precisely, the plan is to remove it, so moving UI elements between
> tabs should become distinctly simpler. Feel free to experiment with the UI,
> I'll gladly adapt whatever you come up with.
>
> Berthold

Hi Berthold,

Thanks for the response. I think let's wait for your additions to master
so I an get a feel for it. From a programming point of view it would
help if the confirm/reject/validation code cold be called from
relatively far away in the code, i.e. from outside the maintab.

Kind regards,

Willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf