4.8.6 tagged, binaries are building

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Apr 12 22:10:52 PDT 2019

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 07:50:48AM -0500, Adric Norris wrote:
> Things seem to be working normally on Ubuntu 18.10 (cosmic), except that
> Check for Updates indicates "You are running an unknown product version
> 4.8.6.0, latest released version is 4.8.5". I'm guessing that whatever file
> it checks on the server just doesn't get updated until closer to the
> release announcement, so it's *probably* expected at this point.

Oh FUN. Thanks for pointing this out. That's an interesting side effect of
my change in infrastructure that I had not taken into account.

The way it determines the latest development version and the latest
release version is actually rather different. And with the web server and
the updatecheck server no longer being the same system, I ended up
breaking that logic. I can manually fix this right now, but I'll have to
think through a 'real' solution for this problem...

This is why it's so useful when the people here test the releases and
point out oddities.

Much appreciated!