4.8.6 tagged, binaries are building

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Sat Apr 13 10:59:24 PDT 2019

On 2019/04/13 07:10, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 07:50:48AM -0500, Adric Norris wrote:
>> Things seem to be working normally on Ubuntu 18.10 (cosmic), except that
>> Check for Updates indicates "You are running an unknown product version
>> 4.8.6.0, latest released version is 4.8.5". I'm guessing that whatever file
>> it checks on the server just doesn't get updated until closer to the
>> release announcement, so it's *probably* expected at this point.
> Oh FUN. Thanks for pointing this out. That's an interesting side effect of
> my change in infrastructure that I had not taken into account.
>
> The way it determines the latest development version and the latest
> release version is actually rather different. And with the web server and
> the updatecheck server no longer being the same system, I ended up
> breaking that logic. I can manually fix this right now, but I'll have to
> think through a 'real' solution for this problem...
>
> This is why it's so useful when the people here test the releases and
> point out oddities.
>
> Much appreciated!
>
> /D

What an interesting upgrade, I love it. One anomaly that I  found is
that when I edit dive information on the notes tab, the behaviour
differs  quite a lot: 1) No yellow background to indicate editing; 2) no
Accept/reject box to confirm changes. I suspect this was intended. What
is the philosophy for editing existing dive information? For the
Equipment tab, the Confirm/reject dialog works as previously.

Kind regards,

willem

Please refer to
http://upnet.up.ac.za/services/it/documentation/docs/004167.pdf